1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
I had a great experience throughout my placement year. A really informative learning experience, great opportunities throughout the year and a really supportive team.
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
My colleagues were great at ensuring I was valued within my team, asking for comments, feedback and ideas on all of the projects I worked on regularly.
They really made me feel part of a team and someone who made important contributions.
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
My supervisors always offer support and guidance when needed. They remained helpful and approachable to any questions I had throughout my placement.
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
I had an overall good workload throughout the year. Workload varied depending on the work at that time and I was able to work at a comfortable pace. The work was always manageable and my supervisors made sure the work was appropriate.
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
I was given a good level of responsibility accurate to my abilities in the role. I was provided with the opportunity to take on more or less responsibilities should I feel comfortable to.
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
The skills developed in this role provided both a good topic overview to my degree throughout the various work in the year. I also picked up additional skills for beyond my degree.
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
The atmosphere in the office was a comfortable and relaxing environment with plenty of flexible working areas to use depending on purpose etc.
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
The work placement set up worked well, with an informative induction process. Only comment I have is that, I would have preferred a joint introduction for all interns at the start of the placement to introduce each other.
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
There were plenty of training programs to be involved in throughout the year. Lots of opportunities to learn around your role, or in wider topics too.
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
Working from home
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
The future employment prospects within the organisation look great. There are opportunities to grow, evolve and rise through the business during your career.
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
There was a great social scene and great social committee during my time at Atos. Plenty of events for placement students and graduates were organised with activities, events etc all being options.
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
London is overall a more costly place to socialise. However the benefit is that there is endless choice.
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
There are endless options in the local area with options to suit all tastes within a 5 min walk. Plenty of restaurants, bars, activities in the local area.
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?
Lots and lots of opportunities to get involved in, for all interests