2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
I have had a mixed bag. My manager has been aloof at times, then has been really great and valued my input a lot at other times. My other colleagues do genuinely REALLY appreciate the work I have done for them this year and the feedback has shown that. I have been helping other people do their job better all year and better value that.
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
I was given extremely little support and guidance in my day to day work.
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
I have been extremely busy all year. It has been a good thing though. I have been treated like a normal employee and lots of people see me as a normal employee.
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
I had a lot of responsbility all year - I have been working directly with clients and bsuiness partners all year. I was also asked to run a few different business development projects.
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
The ability to work under pressure and keep organised will help in degree studies and beyond. The key thing I have learnt is what it is like inside a huge corporate firm. To be able to get that understanding in a placement year before you graduate is SO useful. I will be able to navigate my way from the off as a grad.
Imagine yourself working at IBM
RateMyPlacement is currently advertising 4 roles at IBM