1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
Thoroughly enjoyed placement, excellent working environment, well set up placement scheme
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
Valed highly amongst current and previous placement students, management and directors
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
Guidance was available if and when needed, often left to deal with issues on your own which was challenging but rewarding
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
Seasonal business therefore varying masively. High season it was manic, low season could be quiet, but plently of things to get involved in
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
Would have liked more responsibility in certain areas, although was given opportunity to represent the company, negotiate with large affiliated businesses
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
Developed greater organisational, communication and problem solving skills. Training lacking slightly
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
Work hard, play hard. Cannot fault the banter and company culture
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
Good on-going relationship between the placement company and univerisity. Many of the senior management at golfbreaks did placements, graduated from Brighton and decided to return to make a career out of it
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
Would have liked to have been given professional development training, but due to size and scope of firm this is limited
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
Staff Sales/Staff Shop
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
Despite an excellent placement, the company remains very much that. Size and scope of the firm allows little room for fast progression, training or development. It might take a few years before any progression can be made with relatively limited financial reward
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
Awesome. Regular nights out, weekly 5 a side footy, golf holidays...the list goes on
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
Living in windsor is pricey but classy, but nearby reading is a great student scene. Half an hour away from london
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
Classy and pricey, but it depends what youre after...
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?