Sales Enablement Analyst at IBM

Portsmouth Europe
Administration/Secretarial Business Analytics E-Business Sales

IBM is a Top Employer

7.6/10

A varied interesting placement in a current Digital environment as part of an established Sales Execution Team utilising digital and social media to target IBM customers/audience with the IBM portfolio across the UK.

I support all aspects of the UKI Digital Sales Centre Sales Plays and Campaigns from the management of initial enablement and education right through to execution and analysis of success.

This placement also acts as a pivotal focal point with the Digital Sales Centre in Dublin to ensure synergy across the two Centres.

I enjoyed it quite a bit. I got a lot of responsibility compared to other interns. Staff were lovely. However, it was repetitive and dull at times.

To some extent. I got given tasks that impacted a large number of people, however, on a majority basis, I got given less important and lower valued stuff. I felt excluded at times because the guys have worked at IBM for a long time and would speak to each other significantly more than they would to me (at times I would go the entire day with only saying hello/how you doing to people).

It was great. My task manager was really supportive and did try to make the year better.

It would depend, sometimes I would be very busy and others not so much. However, I would say it was almost continuously busy which was good.

I was given some important responsibility such as work with quotas, however, a large proportion of the tasks I did were not business-essential. However, it is understandable because it is risky to trust someone without a full secondary diploma (being in the penultimate year of university) and new to the company.

I think the skills will help me a lot at university and in my future jobs. Both technical and soft skills would have been helpful. In general, IBM has great educational platforms and forums for you to improve and hence there is plenty of opportunities to learn beyond your job role.

Was very pleasant. Not shouting, very friendly and great banter.

Was quite well organised. It was clear pretty much from start to finish what was happening. The only issue was, we got told there will be a website with the intern journal, however, it never was published.

To some extent, IBM definitely invests more in the interns then they expect to receive in some areas, especially because you only work for the business for one year. They let you attend events, shadow people and do stuff outside of your job role. However, with that being said, there is a general push for you to be in the office almost always work towards teams projects, rather than business in general, yours or any form of giveback. You can do it, but not too often.

Pretty good, could go into a number of parts of IBM.

Yeah, we had our own group chat, went out together and became close mates. It was good.

It was not too bad, cheaper than in London. However, the lower than average placement salary made it not so affordable.

Not really sure, went out twice... was okay both times I went out.

There were plenty, but I had to research myself and make connections with people. Not as much as I would like it to be.