EU Consulting by Degrees Administrator at IBM

Winchester Nationwide
Administration/Secretarial Business Analytics Business Management Management Consultancy Accountancy Business Analytics Business Management Management Consultancy

IBM is a Top Employer

8.6/10

My role is focused on organising the three week CbD European Induction courses at Hursley and Hamburg for CbD graduates across Europe, who are becoming consultants at IBM within the GBS sector.

This entails sending out general information, such as the joining instructions, relevant course material and preparing the kick off call in advance so the graduates can be prepared before they start. It also focuses on making sure the relevant accommodation and transport is booked in advance to prepare before the course commences and making sure the teaching rooms are available and tutors (either internal or external) are available to teach the course on the dates required. Courses run monthly in Hursley and/or Hamburg with 3/4 running in Hursley during September.

When courses didn't run, I worked on various client accounts with graduates.

Extremely enjoyed it, has provided vital experience to myself and opened up graduate opportunities within this organisation after university. Came into the placement not knowing where I would like to go, leaving with a path to hopefully reach and take.

RateMyPlacement is currently advertising 7 roles at IBM

My colleagues were tremendous. Everyone within this organisation is extremely welcoming and polite. People always had time for me to teach and answer questions which I am extremely grateful for.

I was always given support when I needed it. A lot of times left on my own accord so I could earn and develop but could always ask anyone for help when needed to do so.

Was always busy with plenty to do. Days when my role could be quiet, I was provided experience elsewhere in the company to further develop myself.

I was given a vast amount of responsibility. More than I felt I would have as an intern. Was taking on some responsibilities of graduates. The longer I was there, the more I could do, which was due to trust.

The skills and experience I have developed during this placement year will help me during my final year of university. I have matured more, more motivated and confident and eager to learn and put in the extra hours to succeed.

RateMyPlacement is currently advertising 7 roles at IBM

Atmosphere was very good. Got along with everyone and worked in a great environment.

Set up extremely well. The inductions set us off on the right foot. At stages in my placement year I was working with graduates and seeing the roles they perform. Made me fully understand what I could do in two years time.

Extremely helpful, I understand the ways of working at IBM and what is expected and what to do to develop.

hopefully high. I have an interview within the next week for a graduate role!

Networking is significant within this company. When working on the client site, client interaction was constant. The opportunity to socialise with fellow colleagues and interns was high also.

Winchester is a very expensive area. Probably due to the cities history and location with it being commutable to London.

Winchester is small but very lively area to live at night. Especially with there being a university and college.

Definitely a valuable experience, was associated within the 4 a side and 11 a side football team. There was also other opportunities as well for everyone.