Cloud Software Analyst at IBM

Business Analytics Information Technology

IBM is a Top Employer

6.5/10

I enjoyed working within a brilliant team, who were always more than willing to get me involved with opportunities. I would have liked to be challenged slightly more...

RateMyPlacement is currently advertising 7 roles at IBM

My team often expressed their appreciation for my work and the standard to which I delivered it.

My manager was always more than happy to answer any questions that I had and provide context around the work I was carrying out.

I think this varies from week to week. I have rarely been stuck without something to do, but I think that there have been a few days that I have had extra capacity.

My manager entrusted me to track the progression of our deals etc and even to write business cases. In some cases I would have enjoyed a little bit more of a challenge.

My degree is Natural Sciences, so not at all related to the work I have been doing at IBM. However, I have developed many skills here on my placement year that are 100% transferrable.

RateMyPlacement is currently advertising 7 roles at IBM

The start of the year was particularly quiet, as our team were located in the basement where there wasn't much buzz about. However, in the new year we got moved up to the second floor which has made a huge positive impact on the atmosphere.

My job description was very poor. It was merely a few sentences which didn't accurately depict what I would be doing. I didn't know who my task manager was for the first week or so.

I enjoyed using the online learning and badge system at our disposal to further my knowledge of IBM and the industry. However, I think more could be done to encourage personal development - eg allowing a budget to purchase educational books / training courses.

They are quite appealing, as they are very well promoted in the company. However, the actual application process was confusing and unclear. When I asked for help I was ignored.

Yes, excellent! I have made many friends throughout my placement year who I will aim to keep in touch with.

London is very expensive, but it didn't come as a suprise.

Amazing. So many things right at our doorstop. Southbank is an excellent location.

A few... for example I joined a netball team with a few collegues.