Operations Team at IBM

Waterloo Central London and City
Business Analytics Business Management

IBM is a Top Employer

8.7/10

My role in the GBS UKI People Operations team sits within the Leadership and Support area of GBS. The role consists of providing support to our senior leadership team across all growth platforms and sectors, helping them with a host of operational tasks and supporting over 5,000 consultants within IBM across the UK and Ireland.

Through my twelve months at IBM I met so many fantastic people and thoroughly enjoyed working on this placement.

RateMyPlacement is currently advertising 7 roles at IBM

Extremely valued and satisfied with how my colleagues treated myself and others.

The structure of the early professional scheme meant that you had an early professional manager as well as a task manager, meaning you had a lot of people giving you support, adivice and recognition.

I looked for extra roles to supplement my day to day role. This made my role very busy, but I managed how busy my role was, rather than being overloaded.

During my placement I was given the opportunity to work with the senior leadership team on several occasions, producing work that had a high level of responsibility - helping the organisation to run effectively.

IBM made me incredibly efficient and hard working and I will take this into my degree in order to get the results I desire.

RateMyPlacement is currently advertising 7 roles at IBM

Working with a lot of different people, made a very diverse atmosphere, which contributed to an atmosphere which made you want to come to work in the morning.

Very well organised, they had events set up such as careers fairs to help us decide what we wanted to do post-university.

Lots of training available, I obtained badges in Cloud, statistics and blockchain modules.

Very appealing

We organised several socials, including the infamous Boat party along the Thames.

Expensive - (London). Rent was extortionate - If living and working in London on placement do not expect to save any money!

Exceptional - (London). So many different places you can go which appeal to all sorts of markets.

Various opportunities, I joined a football team through work, competing against other companies.