The job involved recruiting graduates, attending careers fairs, working on recruitment projects, helping with assessment centres.
1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
The staff are all ready friendly and welcoming, but also professional. Great modern offices right on the Thames. Loved the working atmosphere, both professional and fun. The work life balance is great - work hard and then celebrate with team socials etc. Teamwork here is great and you are encouraged throughout.
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
Felt really valued by the staff; they always encouraged and praised my work where possible or helped where necessary. Felt like a permanent member of the team as opposed to an intern, would definitely love to return.
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
Loads of support was offered and I took it up. Had a mentor scheme which was great and an opportunity to discuss my career potential. The staff really support your potential and your growth. Management are really friendly and easy to talk to but also great advisors.
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
Mainly busy - I was always asking for more work and helping people when I had finished my tasks. Everyone was more than willing to provide me with something to do, which I loved. I never felt totally overwhelmed and worried about my work load - I loved what I did.
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
I felt as though I was a permanent member of staff - had all the same responsibilities as the rest of the team. I even went to careers fairs, recruited real graduates, ran the assessment centres. It was great to feel as though i was on an equal platform to the other staff my age.
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
My skills were enhanced during the internship due to the assistance of my team members but also my mentors. I also undertook excel training in the academy for free, which was a great skill to apply to working life and a great opportunity.
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
Very friendly and fun but also corporate and professional. I liked wearing a suit everyday and being smart but also feeling able to talk to anyone from any department when necessary. Business orientated environment that encouraged maximum output from its staff.
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
It was very well organised, they welcomed me and I settled straight in. I had a clear idea of my goals and aims from the outset and was never left in the dark. I felt really comfortable from the outset.
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
They invested a lot in my development, as aforementioned they allowed me to do some courses such as excel. They also encouraged me to try new things, such as attending trainee drinks, going to careers fairs, going to business workshops etc.
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
Would love to work here again, had an amazing time and loved the job. The people are so friendly it really makes the company and would encourage me to come back. I also love the company values and social side of things!
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
Great social scene among colleagues and trainees. I attended a number of after work events with my coworkers as well as organised company drinks. I also went to a staff bowling evening when I first joined, which was great to get to know the team. Really good way to get to know people and reward staff.
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
It’s expensive in London, however I have always lived here so never really thought much about it. In addition, when you are doing a paid internship I could not really find much to complain about!
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
Love this area of London, great social feel and easily accessible. There are loads of things to do, such as bowling, pubs, borough market, just to mention a few things I did with my team after work.
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?
Yes, there are always work drinks or sometimes charity events or sports. Also if you have ideas as far as I am aware they are keen to take on ideas and would be happy to be presented with them.