Intern at BuroHappold Engineering

Architecture

8.5/10

My internship was thoroughly enjoyable, I was able to put the theory I had learnt to practice and work alongside a creative team.

There's already a great sense of community in BH so I was involved in many events, talks and company activities. I felt that my colleagues actually took a genuine interest in me and in turn I felt valued and respected.

Support and mentor ship was offered throughout my entire placement, everyone is very busy but they don't let that become a factor to not asking questions. There was always someone to ask and I felt that my questions were welcomed.

I was kept busy and when I finished all my tasks I would ask for more work, I didn't have masses of computational skills so there were some things I couldn't get involved in.

I felt that for my level I was given a great amount of responsibility and the support I needed. I was really surprised by how many projects I could get involved in and they tried to expose me to as much as possible.

My time management and coordination skills were certainly challenged and developed. Training was more on the job, but anything specific I felt that I needed I could ask for.

Very friendly, welcoming. Professional consultative environment so not tons of chatter but everyone is focused on the task at hand.

A good amount of events so that you can network with other teams and get to talk about wider projects outside of your team.

Super organised from start to finish. Application was really smooth and digital, they coordinated with me well up to my first day and from then on I had a mentor and a line manager to work with.

Reasonable investment for a short placement student. There was a few skills workshops that I dropped into.

I would like to return as a graduate in the future and have already been in conversations with the team and recruiter about this.

YEF team is really social and lots of peers at a similar stage in their careers to discuss with.

Not a cheap location (as London as a whole) but reasonable eateries local and subsidised cafe to eat from.

Good but not too much. Nice to meet my peers and get involved in an activity rather than just alcohol.

Yes, lots of events happening and arranged on a team level also.