1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
My internship was thoroughly enjoyable, I was able to put the theory I had learnt to practice and work alongside a creative team.
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
There's already a great sense of community in BH so I was involved in many events, talks and company activities. I felt that my colleagues actually took a genuine interest in me and in turn I felt valued and respected.
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
Support and mentor ship was offered throughout my entire placement, everyone is very busy but they don't let that become a factor to not asking questions. There was always someone to ask and I felt that my questions were welcomed.
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
I was kept busy and when I finished all my tasks I would ask for more work, I didn't have masses of computational skills so there were some things I couldn't get involved in.
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
I felt that for my level I was given a great amount of responsibility and the support I needed. I was really surprised by how many projects I could get involved in and they tried to expose me to as much as possible.
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
My time management and coordination skills were certainly challenged and developed. Training was more on the job, but anything specific I felt that I needed I could ask for.
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
Very friendly, welcoming. Professional consultative environment so not tons of chatter but everyone is focused on the task at hand.
A good amount of events so that you can network with other teams and get to talk about wider projects outside of your team.
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
Super organised from start to finish. Application was really smooth and digital, they coordinated with me well up to my first day and from then on I had a mentor and a line manager to work with.
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
Reasonable investment for a short placement student. There was a few skills workshops that I dropped into.
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
Sports and Social Club
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
I would like to return as a graduate in the future and have already been in conversations with the team and recruiter about this.
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
YEF team is really social and lots of peers at a similar stage in their careers to discuss with.
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
Not a cheap location (as London as a whole) but reasonable eateries local and subsidised cafe to eat from.
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
Good but not too much. Nice to meet my peers and get involved in an activity rather than just alcohol.
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?
Yes, lots of events happening and arranged on a team level also.