Mechanical Engineering Placement student at 3M

Design Engineering Product Design/Industrial Design

8.7/10

9.7
7.6

I enjoyed my time massively, I got to work on many exciting projects throughout my year, loads of which I never thought i would get the opportunity to during my placement year.

RateMyPlacement is currently advertising 1 role at 3M

There is a fantastic working environment at 3M, everyone is willing to help each other and there are great recognition schemes for people that go above and beyond.

My supervisor was fantastic, he gave me lots of interesting things to do, and if I ever got stuck his time was never 'too precious' to come and lend me a hand. He even pushed me to chase ideas I had and gave me the opportunity to go to amazing events!

At some points I had lots of work to get stuck into, and I was definitely pushed to get some things done, i never felt like I had nothing to do though, you just have to go and ask people for things to do.

I was involved on some huge projects during my time at 3M, some of which were worth a lot of the company, so there was a great feeling of making a difference.

This year has helped me massively with my current 3rd year. I feel like i have already completed half my modules, before even starting. For developing skills for my future career, i could not speak highly enough of 3M.

RateMyPlacement is currently advertising 1 role at 3M

There was a fantastic working environment within the offices, and there were lots of social and sports to play with colleagues whilst there.

The placement was very well set up, with many 'emerging talent' things in place to help develop us students so early on within our career.

The company had many 'emerging talent' programmes where we got talks and training about things such as presentation training and even things like six sigma.

Currently this situation is quite difficult to answer due to 3M being a multinational company, and with the UK going through Brexit, they are currently on a hiring freeze.

All the students got on very well, and there were many social events in place.

I am used to living in London, so living in reading was quite a bit cheaper, but it massively helps when you are getting paid!

3M Is based right next to Reading, which has a large university and many nightclubs and bars.

There were many sports clubs and social activities that 3Mers from the sites get involved with.