1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
Throughout my placement I have been supported and nutured by all 3M employees I have come into contact with. 3M takes great pride in its placement students, constantly looking for ways to evolve the scheme.
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
My team are more like family than colleagues to me.
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
From the moment I started I had a clear development plan in place which I constantly reviewed with my manager. I was also given a mentor when I started at the company. This mentor has supported me in any and all aspects of my role.
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
I am treated like an integral member of the team rather than an industrial placement student. I have had opportunities beyond belief.
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
I have been given responsibility for key programmes and projects throughout my year.
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
I now clearly understand the steps I would like to take in my career and also have a potential dissertation topic.
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
There is a strong work life balance.
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
There was a key plan in place for the whole year.
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
The company do invest in their placement students however this could be better.
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
Sports and Social Club
Staff Sales/Staff Shop
Working from home
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
3M do not offer a graduate scheme which is a big downside. However, they do look at filling roles with graduates where possible.
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
We all socialise on a regular basis
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
So close to London on the train from Reading
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?
3M is great at arranging opportunities to socialise outside of work.