Marketing Assistant at 3M

Marketing Sales

8.6/10

9.7
7.4

Throughout my placement I have been supported and nutured by all 3M employees I have come into contact with. 3M takes great pride in its placement students, constantly looking for ways to evolve the scheme.

My team are more like family than colleagues to me.

From the moment I started I had a clear development plan in place which I constantly reviewed with my manager. I was also given a mentor when I started at the company. This mentor has supported me in any and all aspects of my role.

I am treated like an integral member of the team rather than an industrial placement student. I have had opportunities beyond belief.

I have been given responsibility for key programmes and projects throughout my year.

I now clearly understand the steps I would like to take in my career and also have a potential dissertation topic.

There is a strong work life balance.

There was a key plan in place for the whole year.

The company do invest in their placement students however this could be better.

3M do not offer a graduate scheme which is a big downside. However, they do look at filling roles with graduates where possible.

We all socialise on a regular basis

Pretty high

So close to London on the train from Reading

3M is great at arranging opportunities to socialise outside of work.