1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
I enjoyed my summer internship with Enterprise from the start of the recruitment process right the way through. I would recommend applying for a position at Enterprise wether it be a summer internship like myself, a university placement or the graduate programme
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
During my time at enterprise the whole team got on really well and you could tell that everyone appreciates one another
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
100% support was given by all of my colleagues, everyone was always looking for ways to help everyone else around them
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
As I was in the Kendal branch in the Lake District during the peak holiday period throughout summer there was always something that needed done, and if you thought everything was done you didn’t have to look far to find another task to keep you busy
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
I was given massive amounts of responsibility throughout my internship from looking at the more in depth running of the business to actually getting a chance to run the branch twice
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
Although the skills that I learned are not that related to my degree they will benefit me after my studies in any career that I decide to pursue
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
As stated before the team in Kendal became very good friends and there was never a dull moment in the branch
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
Everything went smoothly from training in head office to the continus training while in branch
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
Enterprise are focussed on employee development with an aim of employee retention and offering a path for career progression
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
I am continuing on with enterprise in the city that I am studying with an aim of completing a second internship between third and fourth year and then a graduate position once I have graduated
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
As stated before all colleagues got a long brilliantly
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
There were cheaper places in Kendal however in general it was more expensive than I’m used to
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
there were a lot of pubs in close vicinity but for anything more than that you would need to go a bit further out, was only what I was expecting
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?
For a summer intern there wasn’t much however if I was there for longer than the summer there were events that were being held later on in the year