1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
I loved it. We were truly trusted to do the work that any normal employee would do. We were also given the opportunity to work on projects, which were then used by the department. Our managers and colleagues truly cared about our development and I am leaving with an enhanced skillset.
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
They made us feel truly welcome. They cared about us and checked in on us. Collaboration is not just a buzzword here; I've seen it in action.
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
My TL and I had weekly meetings. She was there for me always and I could always go to her with a question and I know that she would care. All of our TLs really made sure that we had a great internship.
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
Relatively busy - but it was fulfilling work. You leave the office and you don't think of work. Left feeling satisfied each day
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
A lot! We were speaking to clients completely on our own and managing projects. I appreciate how much we were given.
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
So much. I have learned so much about myself and I am going to take these skills with me for life. It has truly given me an insight into the company and I have left with the feeling that I will want to maybe return.
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
The department is a very friendly place and supportive of each other. I felt truly at ease to maximise my potential.
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
Extremely well. HR made us an exceptional program and I felt like I was encouraged to really utilise every opportunity.
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
So much. We were encouraged to take courses and shadow other departments. I have left with a truly rounded experience
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
Very much so. You can see a very clear career projection through the company
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
Yes, there were a lot of internship events and I met fellow interns out of the office.
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
High in London, but the company provides a lot of support
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
Quite limited as it is central London but there is a few
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?