Worked on a variety of client projects. It is difficult to capture the general job description.
1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
Great people and great work.
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
Really friendly staff, who got me involved with every piece of work I could get my hands on.
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
Supervisors were great. Open to give feedback whenever. They trusted me and were always there to give a helping hand
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
A good balance overall. Some days were very busy. Others were fairly piecemeal. It really depends on the client requirements.
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
Overall, I had great exposure, to senior people. I took ownership of important client deliverables and was given significant autonomy
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
Training in the first week was really helpful and gave a great introduction to the company. Throughout the placement, I learnt an enormous amount and gained significant insight into client relationships.
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
Positive and friendly
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
A few hiccups at first, but ironed itself out very quickly.
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
They really care about personal development, which is great.
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
Above 25 days holiday
Working from home
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
Very appealing. Would be a great place to work long-term.
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
Really good social life in the firm, amongst interns and seniors.
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
London, so not cheap. Great place to live though.
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
The City of London, so always busy during and after work.
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?