As a Customer Service Assistant, you will be expected to provide support to the sales process for
golf break bookings to a combination of UK, European and Rest of the World destinations.
Your role will include duties such as making amendments to bookings, the management of
bookings as well as distribution of supplier confirmation emails and faxes, booking travel extras,
such as airport and golf transfers, Eurotunnel crossings and car hire. You will need excellent
customer care skills and be able to deal with a wide variety of individuals.
This role will involve close contact with customers, suppliers and colleagues and will require you
to undertake certain administrative duties to ensure that customer expectations are met.
You will be part of a team who aim to ensure that every aspect of the business provides our
customers with a positive impression of Golfbreaks.com.
1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
I have thoroughly enjoyed my placement year at Golfbreaks.com. I ave gained so much confidence since working here and have learnt many skills that I will be able to take away with me. It has been so much fun learning how a company in the travel industry works. I would recommend this job.
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
Every employee at Golfbreaks is treated and valued in a respectable manner. There is no difference between being a full timer or a placement student, as everyone works together. When being a placement student you do not have less responsibility.
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
My manager is always three to help where possible and will do everything she can to make the situation easier for her employees. She always noticed our achievements and would help us build on our existing skills and work on any weaknesses.
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
The business in the company changes depending on travel season. During travel season I was very busy everyday dealing with a range of different enquiries from complaints to booking cancellations due to wet weather. It the slightly quieter months I did not have as much work to do, however I would then work pro actively ensuring confirmations have been received for future bookings
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
The responsibility I was given throughout my placement was to the same level as a full timer. Placement students are expected to work to the same ability as a full time employee. I was dealing with a range of different bookings and ensuring any amendments made to them were correct.
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
I feel the skills I have learnt this year will majorly help me in my final year and completing my degree. I will have a range of different real life situations to take back with me, which I can refer to in future assignments.
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
One of Golfbreaks' biggest qualities is the atmosphere. The atmosphere throughout the whole office is lively and positive. Everyone is working together and helping where they can. I have never worked anywhere with an environment as friendly and encouraging a this one.
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
The placement set up is very efficient and runs very smoothly. You were always told the next step of the placement programme. I completed 2 weeks worth of intensive training to ensure that I was comfortable and ready to work on my own.
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
My manager shadowed me to ensure I was working to a high standard. This also allowed ,e to work on my weaknesses. I had monthly one to ones where we would discuss my targets and weather or not they had been reached.
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
Everyone at Golfbreaks gets on. there was a never a divide between the placement students and full timers. There were different social events throughout the year that we could all get involved in.
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
I completed my placement year in Windsor. There are a variety of different pubs and places to drink in Windsor. The nightlife for students is great, as there is a variety of options.
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?