1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
I thoroughly enjoyed my time at Golfbreaks.com, and found my role challenging yet enjoyable.
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
I was given a large amount of responsibility within my role and was treated like a full time employee. This meant that I felt highly valued by my team but also from other people from all across the business that I worked with during the placement year.
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
The support I received at Golfbreaks.com was fantastic, I had regular meetings with my manager which were very useful to discuss my role and any issues I may be experiencing.
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
The workload was a good balance as there were times there was a lot of work coming in however also quieter periods, meaning that I never felt too bored or too busy.
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
I was given a large amount of responsibility during my placement. My role involved working in first line support meaning I was dealing with a variety of different requests from people all across the business.
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
The placement year allowed me to develop not only professionally but also as a person, this came naturally from working with a wide range of people. I also completed my certification during the year which will no doubt come in useful when looking for future employment.
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
The general atmosphere in the office was good as it is a relatively young workforce.
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
The placement was well organised, for my role the beginning 2 weeks consisted of one to one training sessions and then progressed into more independent training throughout the year.
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
Frequent one to ones with my manager meant that I could track my progress throughout the year.
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
Staff Sales/Staff Shop
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
The placement scheme at Golfbreaks.com is well known for taking back placement students, therefore I would say the prospects are very good.
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
The social scene was very good, with regular company drinks/socials as well as five a side football.
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
Windsor can be a very expensive place to live especially if you are renting accommodation. Living costs weren't too bad as there are a range of shops/supermarkets in Windsor and in delivery distance.
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
There are a number of bars, pubs and a nightclub in Windsor so it's not too bad. London is also a short commute away.
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?
There is a gym right next to the office which offers a Golfbreaks.com discount, as well as five a side. If you are a golfer there are many opportunities to play.