1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
this is the best decision i have made in regards to my future. Enterprise has been brilliant from the day i applied to the day i left, they are extremely supportive and i have learnt so much especially in regards to what i want and what i dont. Absolutely no regrets
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
I really do not want to leave the company- hence why i am staying! Everybody from other trainees, managers and higher up in head office have been great. Especially because I was not from around the Leeds area and knew absolutely nobody it was scary but people at the company from day 1 made me feel so welcome!
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
Since the outset of my placement, i had meetings, monthly reviews and was always just a phone call away if i needed any help at all. I never felt as if i were being judged or wasting anybody's time as people just listened if I even needed anything- the support within the branch especially has been brilliant
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
every day was so different, some days were much quiter which allowed you to focus on other aspects however daily rental is an extremely busy business- constantly on your toes and no day is ever the same. it is very fast paced but it makes the weeks absolutely fly by
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
the whole point of this placement is to become good enough to get promoted in the branch so responsibilty is huge, each person always has their own responsibilities which you have to keep track of. also half way through you are responsible for running the day- you make the decisions and tell your collegues what to do so there was ALOT of responsibility which was great for my progression
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
i am doing a business management degree so this trainee scheme was perfect- it has set me up perfectly to manage people and a business at the same time. i have even better customer service skills but also did aspects of the business such as marketing, accounts and so much more
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
so much fun!! hard is work is defintiely rewarded and the branch atmosphere even when we were really busy it was always so light hearted and people always knew how to cheer eachother up. i always look forward to working with my team and will miss them a lot when i leave
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
from the application to the hiring stages it was great- really strong communiation, just a phone or email away and although i didnt work for the company yet i didnt feel intimidated or annoying which for me was important- enterprise are a very approachable company and kept me in the loop with everything
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
there were 3 trainig days when i started and then every three months we got additional training. but this placement is very much training on the job- the more you do the better you get and other trainees and branch/manager assistant are the best people for this as they are in the branch all day as well
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
Staff Sales/Staff Shop
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
so good! they only hire internally so once you are in with the company you can only get better- everyone has done the training scheme so you know each employee has started at the same place. progression is really fast and the encouragement to do this is outlined from the start
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
considering i moved to leeds from wales and didnt know anybody- all of the friends i have made here are people that work from enterprise, there are regular meals and nights out where you can meet people from other branches so it is an extremely friendly company to work for
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
leeds is a good place to live because it is really sociable but i moved to an area which is more expensive
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
the best night life i have been too! so many bars and clubs and everyone is so friendly
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?