1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
I found the job very interesting. The role opened me up to the world of analytics, showing me the importance of data to project progression and promotion planning. The innovation aspect of my role enabled me to be very creative and open minded. My fellow team memebers gave me multiple opportunities during meetings to give my own input and creative direction to a task.
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
I felt very valued by my colleagues. When given tasks they fully supported me in my progression with tasks, offering additional assistance to tasks i struggled with.
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
My manager was excellent during my time at BSH. When i was struggiling with a task he continously took time out to assist me.
In meetings where i had prior knowledge, he would often educate me prior and during the meetings often make me realise i was capable of adding value.
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
I had daily tasks i needed to complete which i had to show during weekly team meetings. I was also often given my own independant projects to lead where i was communicating to people outside of BSH which was a great learning curve for me.
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
I was given a good amount of responsibility during my time at BSH, often given projects to lead where i would be the direct communication link.
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
The skills mentioned above and generally having a daily routine will be of great use to me going back to University. Due to the incoming increase of work, i believe the routine and improvement in managing work will enable me to be more efficent in my final year.
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
The people in the office itself where very welcoming and friendly. However it was often very quiet.
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
The placement was set up well. We were given opportunities to attend training programmes and work with the other interns on projects. I was fortunate enough to present a long term project with 2 colleagues in my department to our eBusiness director which was a great experience
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
As mentioned above we were given multiple training opportunities during my time at BSH
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
Staff Sales/Staff Shop
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
The job itself is something i can see myself doing in the future due to the creative freedom and support allowed.
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
The intern community was the best part of my time at BSH due to everyone living close together. This allowed you to easily get along with the people you lived with/near.
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
There is one main club which is quite far away. There are a few bars in central MK.
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?
I and another intern played football outside of work which was a good way to talk to people outside of the business