eCommerce and online plus offline marketing activities.
1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
I enjoyed my placement a lot. My job was diverse which made it fun and interesting to do.
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
I worked in a small department, however connected with many colleagues across the world. Everyone is treated in a respectful fashion and this supported my integration to the placement.
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
My manager was very welcoming and supporting in terms of my development. I was provided with the correct training which allowed me to excel at my job.
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
The work balance is great. There are some very busy periods, where you are learning a lot, and there are some periods during which the workload cools down.
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
I was given full responsibility in my daily tasks. I have managed my own projects and have worked in others where I have taken a great part. The placement has supported me in becoming more confident in my own work and initiative.
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
I have definitely learned a lot of skills during my time at BSH. Most importantly, I have developed my analytical skills and this will support me in my desired career path. At my time with BSH I have learned a lot of practical skills such as time management and balancing my own workload, which will support me as I enter my final year at University.
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
My colleagues are great to work with - a very well organised team. The atmosphere ranges, but is all-round very engaged with the work and balanced with laughter and fun.
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
The placement is organised well. Start and finish dates are very practical in terms of allowing students to finish on time to have enough time before returning to University.
Training and induction are organised to support the integration to the workplace.
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
There was a lot of on-the-job training at the beginning of my internship. This was very practical as the job environment supports progression.
Further training was organised by the company.
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
Sports and Social Club
Staff Sales/Staff Shop
Above 25 days holiday
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
The organisation is great to work for and supports progression. Employment prospects are realistic and graduate positions are available to progress into if this is something you are working towards.
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
There was a great intern community in the organisation.
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
Depending on interests it can be an expensive area to live in.
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
One major club. Plenty of bars and pubs are available in MK.
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?
A lot of sports opportunities are available in the local area. There are a lot of leisure centers which support activities.