I had an extremely informative and pleasant time during the Insight Programme at DLA Piper. I found the sessions very interesting, and the firm culture absolutely inspiring. The Team that took care of us were so helpful and accommodating. I had a fantastic 3-day experience at DLA Piper, only leaving me more interested to further apply to their future schemes.
2. To what extent did you feel valued during your time at the company or firm?
I felt extremely valued and taken care of during the Insight Programme at DLA Piper. The team taking care of us were helpful and accommodating, as well as catered to all our needs. I found the environment very friendly, and not intimidating at all. As a student, I was pleasantly surprised with how well they took care of us.
3. How much guidance/support did you receive during the insight?
The sessions were all very informative, and they specifically aimed at what we wanted to know at this stage of just having started University in the first year. They provided us with very insightful information regarding their firm, the business, sectors, practice groups, and also a lot of guidance with team exercises.
4. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and information you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
I believe that everything I learnt at DLA Piper in the course of these three days will definitely help me and go a long way in my career. This programme was the perfect kickstart to a first year work experience, and I am certain I will retain everything I learnt during the programme.
5. How well structured was the insight?
Very well structured! All the sessions, programmes, interactions, and group exercises were of great value and insight. I found everything informative and lucrative, and felt very privileged to have gained information on areas and fields of law I had no idea of. Hearing about them from expert lawyers and partners was definitely memorable
6. How was the general atmosphere during your insight?
The most enjoyable and memorable aspect of DLA Piper as a firm is the culture of the firm. I enjoyed and cherished the atmosphere of the firm, as well as the environment they provided for us. The workplace is professional but not overly rigid, the food they provided was a highlight, and the people are senior but not at all intimidating, and quite friendly.
7. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
Whilst we were only there for one day, there was no specific training however, it was clear to see how much the firm invested in our personal development. All of the sessions suited our needs as first year students and I felt that I got a lot out of each session.
8. To what extent did the insight help you to understand what it would be like to have a full time role with the company or firm?
I very much got a better understanding of what it would be like to have a full time role. The speed networking and other sessions provided close contact with trainees who were very honest and open about exactly how they found their experience at the firm. They all spoke about seats the enjoyed and didn't and helped explain how to make our personalities shine through in interviews.
9. How much did the insight help you in understanding the company culture?
The firm promotes the importance of diversity and inclusion very much and because this is very important to me, it made me feel happy that we share the same values, this makes me want to work for DLA Piper even more. The firm consists of a diverse group of people which shows they welcome everyone no matter their background.
10. How valuable was the content of the day in helping you to decide on your future career path?
Over the course of the insight, there were various talks, group projects and networking events. We were given information about the different sectors in a lot of detail and this helped us understand the work of each sector and the importance of their role in the firm. This information has given me a good idea of what sector I would like to work in.
11. Were you paid or reimbursed adequately for this experience?
I was reimbursed my expenses quickly and effectively by the firm.
12. Were there opportunities for networking and meeting other employees of the company or firm?
Yes, lots of opportunities for networking!
13. How were the networking/ social event opportunities?
14. Did you find out about activities that employees can get involved in outside of work?
Yes, I found out about different activities!
15. Would you recommend this insight to a friend?
Yes, I would absolutely recommend this to a friend!