1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
I absolutely loves this placement and it was a great length to complete over summer. I always felt welcome and involved in all of my work and my team were keen to get me to help out with all the work they were doing and the meetings that they had.
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
I get like I was well integrated into the team and that my opinion was respected and acted upon when it could be. My team were keen to help me progress my career and make the most out of my time with the company. My objectives were clear and interesting.
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
My projects were quite independent and that meant that my supervisors only helped when I needed guidance with where to take them next and did not overshadow the whole time and check in on me. They were always there to help if I needed it and were keen to talk about my progress
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
The pace of the company is quite slow, with lots of strict procedures which must be followed-as can be imagined in such a company. This meant that to begin with it has I was very light on Work- but opportunities were given to do training Courses etc in this time.
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
For a summer placement I was given far more responsibility than I was expecting. I was sent out to work with other sites and lease with other companies on time scheduling matters which were critical to my teams productivity. I feel the work I completed was valued and will be integrated with my teams.
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
The skills that I learnt have helped my realise the importance of my course and have consequently made me more motivated to earn more about the relevant courses. The use of skills such as report writing have also been very helpful for my final year at the university with group projects.
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
THE atmosphere was great with teams interact ng with each other and there were always celebration so going on there was food and a kitchen which was the social hub of the office And there wasn’t always someone to talk to and make a conversation with about work- or not.
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
The placement was not very well set up but that was due to the new stringent security checks that’s we’re required that meant that interns couldn’t have the privileges of other staff members. This meant email systems etc were not accessible to interns until over a week into the placement
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
I was offered any training camp course that they provided and they made sure that I got it to ex experience a wide variety of the different area a in the company. When I wasn’t running low on Work there’s was a selevtion if training sessions which I could access and learn from.
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
Staff Sales/Staff Shop
Above 25 days holiday
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
The future prospect are the company are great with a guaranteed placement post my degree in the field in whichever I want to work. The location and financial stability of the company also make it far more appealing to myself and will provide me with great opportunities in the future.
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
As a student in the same area as the company I knew where he good places to go were and Thisbe meant that I became one of the central people organising outings etc with the other interns. The nightlife directly round the company wa mainly pubs- but this was idea for socialising wth teams
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?