1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
I have enjoyed my placement so much and I miss it so much.Initially I was quite scared of working full time and working in the industry seemed daunting.However my colleagues at work were extremely helpful.I felt welcomed right from the onset of my placement.Their constant support and knowledge helped to make my industrial placement a memorable experience.
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
I felt I was part of the team.I was invited to important meetings of the department.I occasionally accompany my colleagues to jobs relating to their field.I was exposed to quite a lot of positive things which I am extremely grateful for.My opinions were also valued and hardly was I shut down from expressing my opinion.
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
I was assigned a line manager who set occasionally goals for me.My line manager helped me to experience what it means to work in a professional environment and also they were quite concerned about my life outside work.I could relate with them on a personal level.
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
My task varied quite a lot.One thing was sure,no day was ever the same.I always had something to do.I was never stressed out by the workload as the team was quite understanding and tolerant.
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
I was quite blown away by the amount of trust the company placed in me.I was partially managing my own projects.This helped built my confidence.Initially I had to understand how the company operates,however during the course of the preceding months i was trusted with more important tasks.
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
The skills i have gained and training I have received during my placement will go a long way during my lifetime.I have developed skills which are transferrable and I am currently using some it now whilst I am at university.
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
The atmosphere in my office was exceptional.Everyone was extremely friendly and lovely.It felt like i was part of a family.The teamwork in the office was outstanding.Whenever I was in doubt there was always someone on ground to answer my burning questions.The friendly atmosphere made me look forward to always returning back to work.
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
It was nicely organised.I was sent information about my placement scheme prior to me commencing my placement.Whilst on placement,socials were organised where i got to meet other students who weren't working in the same department as I was.
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
The company invested quite a lot.I was exposed to high level trainings which I will always value for the rest of my life.
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
Above 25 days holiday
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
Working at British steel in the future seems appealing.Due to the fact that it is a large site,there is so much to learn about the steel industry.It provides you with so much experiences and opportunities as well.
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
My cohort of placement students were quite friendly.We used to meet up for socials outside of work.We were a nice team of placement students.
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
It was very cheap.Definitely one of the cheapest place I have lived in.
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?
There was a few things to do in the town but for major events you have to travel outside the town.