Electrical intern at British Steel

Engineering

6.3/10

6.3

6.6

As I was only on a summer placement, I wasn't given a lot of responsibility. And although i found things for myself to do, I was unoccupied quite a bit. I think i'd have enjoye it a lot more if i was there for a longer period of time

I felt really valued by most people. unfortunately, my line manager was always busy with something else, so i didn't see him a lot. But the people I spent time working with were absolutely amazing!

I didn't get a lot of direction because i didn't have a lot to do

Some days were better than others, but I could really have done with a lot more work

Not a lot

Most of the skills i developed as a result of looking for opportunities myself, were more about how to conduct myself in a professional environment and other soft skills. While these are very useful, i don't feel like i got skills that would be of particular help on my course.

Relaxed and nice. everyone was lovely and eager to teach

there were IT issues regarding being set up, at the beginning of the placement.

The HR department organised a few training sessions which were quite nice

• There were no perks with this Internship

I would like to go back if i was given the opportunity to do so

Not a lot for a summer placement