1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
As I was only on a summer placement, I wasn't given a lot of responsibility. And although i found things for myself to do, I was unoccupied quite a bit. I think i'd have enjoye it a lot more if i was there for a longer period of time
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
I felt really valued by most people. unfortunately, my line manager was always busy with something else, so i didn't see him a lot. But the people I spent time working with were absolutely amazing!
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
I didn't get a lot of direction because i didn't have a lot to do
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
Some days were better than others, but I could really have done with a lot more work
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
Not a lot
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
Most of the skills i developed as a result of looking for opportunities myself, were more about how to conduct myself in a professional environment and other soft skills. While these are very useful, i don't feel like i got skills that would be of particular help on my course.
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
Relaxed and nice. everyone was lovely and eager to teach
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
there were IT issues regarding being set up, at the beginning of the placement.
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
The HR department organised a few training sessions which were quite nice
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
There were no perks with
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
I would like to go back if i was given the opportunity to do so
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?