Vacation scheme participant at Shearman & Sterling LLP

Legal/Law

9.8/10

Vacation scheme at Shearman and sterling

I felt that we got a real insight to what being a trainee at the firm is like.

We were given real work to do and invited to meetings and to listen in on calls. I also got feedback on a draft email and got to have another go at it before it was sent on the the other side.

We had talks every morning and were encouraged to speak informally but it was sometimes difficult to approach people you hadn’t been introduced to yet.

Great to see some of my law modules in practice!

A good mix of talks, socials and work.

Really friendly and everyone knew who we were and why we were there. The managing partner also gave up a lot of time to answer our questions.

Lots of different lawyers came to speak to us and the team were responsive to our questions, even putting on a lunch last minute to talk to us about professional development.

Can completely imagine it, really got to know the trainees.

One night we worked quite late with the finance team so they definitely weren’t putting on a brave face for us by the evening!

Helpful to see the progression in corporate law and discuss the pros and cons.

Pretty generous considering how many lunches, dinners and drinks we had.

Yes across all levels.

Really fun, we went to a cooking class and duck and waffle.

Yes some of the participants played tag rugby.

Yes though the assessments were hard!