Business Improvement Analyst at CrossCountry

Birmingham West Midlands
Business Analytics Education/Teaching Environmental Human Resources Logistics and Operations Public Relations

7.4/10

7.7

I thoroughly enjoyed my placement at Cross Country. I liked seeing all the theories that I had learnt at school/university in practice and learning about how the rail industry works.

I felt valued by my colleagues throughout the business, as I was given lots of tasks and projects which had a large impact on the business.

At Cross Country I had a line manager who would support and guide me with any work issues and we had a placement co-ordinator to support and set up events to help develop.

I always had enough work to keep me going on a daily basis. My role only had a certain amount of core activities and the rest was project work so it was mainly up to myself to ensure I met the deadlines which I had been set.

I was given as much responsibility as I wanted, but I always had support around me whenever it was required.

It will definitely help me with both studies and futures. In my first few months back at university, I have already noticed things which relate back to scenarios at my placement.

Atmosphere was always very friendly, especially within my department.

Very well organised placement scheme, for any events we were given plenty of notice to organise our time appropriately.

The company invested in several training courses bespoke to our personal needs.

Future employment prospects are appealing as everyone within the business tries to help you improve.

Yes, we had a group which would always try to meet outside of work whenever possible.

Was reasonably cheap as I lived at home and commuted into Birmingham, especially having free train travel.

Nightlife in Birmingham is very good. There are lots of options to choose from!

Yes there was opportunities to take part in activities with colleagues outside of work, which I still meet up with some.