• Managing existing golf break bookings – communicating with customers and suppliers when dealing with any amendments to booking details and offering new quotes for any changes.
• Providing an after sales service to clients by organising any ‘extras’.
• Dealing with customer feedback and any queries that arise prior to, or during their breaks.
• Working closely with the sales team to ensure high levels of customer service are maintained from the initial point of contact and throughout the entire booking process.
1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
Working at Golfbreaks.com was the one of the best experiences of my life, I was able to see all sides of the business. I was able to gain a very good insight into the working world and develop my skills.
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
I was extremely valued by my colleagues, I was treated like any other staff member and they were always there to help if I needed it. You work very closely as a team and also with other departments.
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
I had one to one meetings scheduled on a regular basis where we discussed progress and any issues. The management team are always there to listen to any concerns and to ensure that you are supported in your job role. They are very keen to see you progress in your placement and will help you to do this continuously.
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
I was always busy and the days at work went very fast! If there were ever quiet periods you are given projects to work on with your team which you can use to your benefit and enhance your skills.
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
From my very first day at Golfbreaks.com I was given a vast amount of responsibility. You are treated like any other employee and the company will always push you and support you in the right direction to learn new skills by giving you even more responsibility.
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
During my placement year I learnt how to manage my time in the most effective way, because of the responsibility I was given, I became much more confident in every day life as well as at work. The placement has also given me a great insight into a real life successful business, I am now able to apply this knowledge to my studies.
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
The atmosphere was very fun and bubbly, there is a never a quiet day in the office. They have monthly dress down days and there are venues that visit the office which also creates a great atmosphere.
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
The inductions were very thorough and well planned, the HR team do a great job ensuring that everyone is settled in and their door is always open if you have any concerns. There is also opportunities to move around to different departments which is fantastic as not many internships offer this.
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
I always received support and training in order to be the best at my job, the company invested much time into me so I could gain the skills and confidence to do roles within the company that I didn't think I could do! They value their employees a lot.
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
Sports and Social Club
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
I will be returning back to Golfbreaks.com
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
The placement students always arranged nights out together, the company organise a week long familiarisation trip across the UK which was very good fun! There are often office drinks and after work drinks with other colleagues.
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
The cost of living is quite expensive, I decided to commute.
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
Windsor is a lovely area, there are many bars/pubs/beer gardens.
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?
There is a gym on the first floor of the building, there are also many sports clubs that are available to join.