1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
The internship was a very interesting experience overall. I had the opportunity to work on a great project which allowed me to both challenge myself and learn new things. I also got a real sense of how it is to work in a team in a big company.
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
Although I was an intern I was still valued by my colleagues who did not undermine me. They were willing to listen to me and they also offered great advice.
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
Both my team leader and mentor were very helpful, approachable and understanding. They helped me settle in with the team and they offered their help and expertise throughout the program.
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
If you have enough energy you can always get new things to do. My project was such, that the opportunities for improvement were endless.
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
I was given quite a lot of responsibility as I more or less was responsible for a whole project. I had to develop different parts of it end explore a lot of alternatives to our approach.
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
The internship was a very good opportunity to learn new things and work with new and exciting technologies. I believe that the knowledge i have gained at Bloomberg will be very helpful for my studies.
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
The atmosphere was very good and the people were very nice. You can pretty much get as many free snacks and drinks as you like and food is also provided (lunch salad and sometimes dinner). There were a lot of social events both between interns and other colleagues.
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
The program was very well organised and a lot of different events (social and technical) were planned. The overall experience was very good.
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
I strongly believe that Bloomberg is a company that heavily invests in their intern program and the professional and academic development of all their Interns.
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
Sports and Social Club
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
There are a lot of great opportunities here.
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
There were a lot of events organised by both the company and otehr interns.
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
London is quite an expensive city. Both rent and food are relatively expensive.
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
Albeit expensive, London has a very nice nightlife scene.
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?