Sales and Analytics Intern at Bloomberg

Business Intelligence Customer Service Sales

Bloomberg is a Top Employer

7.2/10

Analytics

On the Analytics Help Desk, our clients always come first. We provide round-the-clock support for Bloomberg Terminal users all over the world and across multiple industries. We interact directly with clients via our 'Instant Bloomberg' chat system, answering their questions and conducting training.

We’re a calm voice in a busy, volatile market. Our clients rely on us to help them make better, faster decisions using the power of the Bloomberg Terminal. On any given day we respond to over 12,000 queries in more than 15 languages. The variety of the problems we solve is incredible. One moment, we could be working with a Portfolio Manager who’s worried about risk. We show her how to use the Risk Analytics platform to find the most volatile securities in her holdings. The next - we may be chatting to a trader who needs help understanding the liquidity profile of two potential investments. We teach him how to size them up against each other.

Sales

In Sales, we're the face of Bloomberg for our clients. Equally consultative and entrepreneurial, we’re relied upon to manage existing client relationships, whilst being given the responsibility and autonomy to identify new business opportunities throughout the EMEA region.

We make regular visits to our clients to support and train them, discovering new business leads by making prospecting calls and networking. We work in a fast-paced, rapidly changing market and to be successful, it’s crucial we stay one step ahead, preempting our clients’ needs and presenting them with ground breaking solutions, before they even know they need them.

Colleagues across the company depend on us to communicate new functionality and Bloomberg offerings to the market. We demonstrate how Bloomberg solutions will help our clients make the best investment/trading/business decisions, making their day to day business smoother and more profitable.

Definitely enjoyed it; great opportunities to learn at get involved at an intern level compared to many other companies

Everyone is very congenial and makes you feel like you're part of a team.

Definitely very involved and supportive, even tailored for individuals.

No doubt about it, very rarely was there downtime. It felt a bit stressful at times, but I believe that is a good learning experience with regards to time management.

You could always take on more depending on how much you asked. You could never ask for responsibility and just coast through, but if you wanted to take leading roles, the option (and encouragement) was definitely there.

I think I developed my professional communication skills greatly in this position, in addition to my business IQ. I would've preferred to do a bit more number-crunching, but that's particular to me.

Very Gregorian and collaborative.

There were hiccups with regards to scheduling here and there, but those things are often out of ones (the organizers) control. Considering that, it was relatively well run.

In that respect, this company fires on all cylinders. Even as an intern, you have plenty access to a large amount of extra courses and learning should you be interested that would usually cost hundreds of dollars.

Definitely attractive, good base salary and reasonable working hours, with plenty of chance for development. In a general sense, it is a very attractive place to work. I would only recommend that those wanting a pure finance job not to apply here. While you need to have knowledge of and interact with people in the industry, very little of the work itself is actually financial (spare a few specialized departments). What you do get here is a very well-educated business mindset however, and it might open up different opportunities you didn't think you'd have access to otherwise.

As above, very Gregorian, and everyone almost becomes friends and goes drinking together.

London is unfortunately a cash cow, and a night out can leave a hefty dent in your wallet.

Shoreditch is close by, with plenty of options for those interested, but it wasn't something I'd spend time on.

Absolutely. There are plenty of different groups here almost like university. Notable are the philanthropic events though, and you can actually use work hours to attend them.