HR Intern at Shearman & Sterling LLP

Administration/Secretarial Employment Law

9.4/10

9.7

Managed research projects, assisted colleagues with daily tasks, offered ideas in meetings on Diversity & Inclusion and helped out individual HR officers with their different tasks.

It was a fantastic internship that gave me an ample insight into HR and a law firm. Everyone was super friendly and I was included in team nights out. The biggest learning curve of my time with Shearman was the intern project, which involved balancing a large project with work duties. I learnt a lot about diversity and inclusion and was given the responsibility of managing my own research project.

Every single person in the team was friendly and helpful, and always available to answer questions. The general office culture was fantastic and I got to know many other members of different teams, such as the Legal PA's.

The intern project took up a lot of my time, which filled the low-level periods of work.

It was an incredible opportunity to be in such a professional environment, surrounded by such intelligent and interesting people.

Really fun - everyone made an effort to know you and were always helpful. The cookies in the meeting rooms were great too.

Very organised. I liked the fact we had a month timetable so we could look forward to things in the weeks to come.

Incredibly so. We had workshops on personal branding, commercial awareness, focus groups etc. I learnt a great deal from these.

I got a lot of advice from senior managers and my colleagues, which I have put into great use today!

Summer party, helped with a book launch and the intern project.

I went to a Legal Networking Evening!

The interns and I always went somewhere after work!

They organised a social for us each week, which was a great opportunity to get to know the team and the other interns.