1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
I've thoroughly enjoyed every moment of my placement year at Golfbreaks.com. Originally the idea of moving down to Windsor was daunting, however I quickly settled into the office environment with the help of the other employees. Furthermore working closely with other placement students helped me enjoy life outside of work. I would encourage any undergraduate student to apply for Golfbreaks.com, as it's been a very insightful year.
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
Throughout my placement I felt very valued by all colleagues in all the departments, whom would include me in any key issues that involved my venues.
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
The managerial team were always on hand to support me, whether that be a question on how to complete a task or resloving an important issue. Weekly and monthly meetings allowed me to understand my progress, along with highlight any areas I could improve in.
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
On a typical working day I was fairly busy, however depending on the seasons my workload did increase as well as decrease. During the quieter periods, there was more emphasis on tidying up any issues left over, along with ensuring that we were preparing for the busier months ahead.
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
Originally I was assigned a handful of regions, and was responsible for maintaining the relationships with venues within the selected regions. As I began to learnt the systems, I was given more responsibilities when my managers felt that I was
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
My year at Golfbreaks.com has allowed me to develop a fundamental understanding of a finance department, along with provided me with a insight to what career path I want to persue. Regular training sessions allowed me to fill in the gaps I hadn't learnt at University, along with apply the knowledge into my job role.
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
Hard working, youthful and relaxed.
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
Very well organised, from the interveiws to the pre-placement days.
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
The managerial team invested countless hours into my training and development.
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
Staff Sales/Staff Shop
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
The placement year has set me up perfectly to persue my selected financial path.
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
The placement students reguarly went for drinks after work, along with at the weekend. Also GONGS and Summer Social meant we could socialse with employees outside of the office on a regular basis.
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
Windsor is very expensive, probably the only negaitve about the placement year.
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
The nightlife is good, however again very expensive on selected nights. London is a 45 minute train ride, with Reading around 30 minutes away.
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?
The HR team reguarly sent e-mails out about events going on in the area that we have a discount for, i.e. Windsor Horse Races.