Supporting the EU sales team and dealing with general customer queries and amendments to current bookings.
1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
When trying to find a placement at University we were told not to expect it to be the best year of our lives it is to learn and get skills for future employment. However, I can honestly say it has been one of the most enjoyable years and I have gained so much to take back to a future job.
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
As a placement student we are all just as valued as full time employees and are given as much responsibility as other members of the team.
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
We had frequent monthly catch ups and appraisals as well as intense training at the start of my placement year. We have continued to receive support throughout the year.
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
On a day to day basis it is always busy with phone calls and your own personal workflow to complete, it's definitely a fast paced environment. In quieter periods we are kept busy with proactive work, we are never left to do nothing at all.
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
I have been given a high level of responsibility working alongside specialist customer service and sales agents. I have had my own workflow and responsibilities throughout the year which has given me a lot of confidence and I have gained so many skills out of this.
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
I know I will be able to take all of the skills developed back to university and into a future career. The responsibility we have been given has allowed me to grow in confidence and managing a workflow and inbound calls has improved my time management and ability to be pro active. It has been an invaluable experience and I am so glad I chose a placement at golfbreaks.com.
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
There were a large number of placements in the office which definitely made the atmosphere and the overall experience even better. The social side and company events were always really good and everybody got on well, the whole office is a friendly atmosphere.
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
Everything was well organised, from arriving on placement after completing pre placement work to being set up for the whole years placement.
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
We had 1 - 1 training and if we needed extra support with anything they will provide training for it.
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
I would definitely come back to golfbreaks.com but would also like to find exactly what career I want to go into in my final year.
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
Yes definitely, there's always something going on.
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
The cost of living is high but sharing with other placements which the company put you in contact with definitely helps bring the cost down. It is close to London so there's lots to do.
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
The nightlife in general is quite good considering it's a small place, there's good places to eat and nice bars to go to.
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?
Yes, even if it is not organised through the company other placements or employees will be doing something.