CMS Academy Student at CMS

Glasgow Scotland
Business Management Legal/Law

8.7/10

I thoroughly enjoyed the insight. The week in London was great and I loved the opportunity to bond with so many people over a short period of time.

The workshops delivered were very insightful and not once did I feel bored. I particularly enjoyed the simulation exercise.

My main point of contact was the trainee in my team who was absolutely lovely and was always able to help me. The two people who were supervising me were both on holiday throughout my second week and I only really had face-to-face contact with them once whilst I was here. Nevertheless, the other members of my team were very helpful in guiding me through tasks - particularly those which were detailed.

I learned the importance of the business of law and this has changed my perspective of the law in general. I have also learned the value in prioritising clients.

The placement was 3 weeks long- with one week in London and two weeks in the regional offices. The week in London was incredibly structured and everything went to plan. Time was used well.

In the regional offices, naturally the level of structure would vary depending on the nature of the team you were placed in. I feel that there may have been a lack of coordination between what was happening in London and what was happening in the regional offices at times in terms of conference calls and training.

The atmosphere was incredibly positive

I have never seen a firm invest so much money and time in future talent

The two week placement was invaluable for this

Again, the two week placement was particularly useful for this as there was not much time spent in the offices in London with other lawyers

Every night during the week in London as well as networking sessions throughout the working days

Football world cup