It was an interactive session and we were forced to work in different groups which broke the ice between us and helped to build connections. Everyone was very friendly and did not hesitate to make each other feel comfortable.
2. To what extent did you feel valued during your time at the company or firm?
Coming from a medical background and having no knowledge about accountancy, the insight day really helped my understanding. It was a relief to know that you didn't need a background in accounting to be able to excel at BDO as they looked at your soft skills.
3. How much guidance/support did you receive during the insight?
Quite a lot. Different people from different areas came to talk about what they did and what was expected from us. They gave us advice on application processes, interviews (what to do and what not to do), the kind of experience one should try and get before applying etc
4. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and information you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
5. How well structured was the insight?
Very well structured
6. How was the general atmosphere during your insight?
7. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
8. To what extent did the insight help you to understand what it would be like to have a full time role with the company or firm?
9. How much did the insight help you in understanding the company culture?
10. How valuable was the content in helping you to decide on your future career path?
11. Were you paid or reimbursed adequately for this experience?
12. Were there opportunities for networking and meeting other employees of the company or firm?
13. How were the networking/ social event opportunities?
14. Did you find out about activities that employees can get involved in outside of work?