Went to 6 clients in the 6 weeks (2 days - a week each)
Work in teams on a variety of audits.
1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
Placement offered a real variety of work at clients and in the office with a good mix of social events with the company and other interns.
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
Audit work fully contributed towards the overall audit and when colleagues realised my potential were setting harder work and appreciating it further.
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
Was given a "buddy" who was pretty useless however my manager and mainly my counceller were great at setting me up and giving guidance. Also the office staff supplied all client travel information and provided all train tickets.
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
Often busy at clients however had a few more relaxed days in the office yet was good to be busy however I was never pushed to do any more than expected for an intern.
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
As you grew on a client and your colleagues realised your potential, the work you were given really contributed to the audit.
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
Skills will really help my audit module for next year at uni and beyond with work.
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
Office was good however dependant on those around you - clients a lot more professional yet still enjoyable
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
Almost perfectly set up in terms of travel and organisation.
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
Gave us training, travel, hotels and paid for us to travel to the annual company football tournament in Manchester.
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
Sports and Social Club
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
Offered me a job - thanks very much!
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
Almost all interns loved a good social especially when up in London for the first week - went out every night (including some big late ones) yet everyone always made it to work. Football tournament in weekend was also great.
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
Based in Epsom so reasonable but didn't go out much mid week. Still reasonable to eat.
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
Great when up in the hotel in London however Epsom is pretty average and didn't go out really as went home at the weekend.
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?
Fair amount - more in other offices however could get a good monthly social