Dealing with Suppliers
1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
Golfbreaks is a great company, you are made to feel welcome from day one, and do not get treated differently even though being a student! The full time staff are great and you also get to work alongside other students so there is a social aspect to.
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
I was included in the team straight away.
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
Regular meetings were carried to check how we were getting on and make sure we were happy with our job etc.
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
There was always work to do even though it was a seasonal business.
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
I had my own area to look after, and this affected other members of my department so I had to carry out my job well.
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
Being in an office develops all skills, I will take everything I have learnt back to uni with me!
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
work hard play hard was the ethos and it was great!
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
Very organised from day one!
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
we had some training sessions, and our commercial knowledge was being improved too.
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
Sports and Social Club
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
There are always opportunities but it will depend what the company needs at the time of graduation.
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
social side of this is really good, there are over 20 students to go out with, and also the full timers.
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
Windsor itself is expensive but it was easy to walk to work.. however you can live in other areas for less.
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
small but a good night out!
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?
there was always football and golf for the lads.. less for the girls!