Multi-lingual Project Coordinator at Bloomberg

London Greater London
Banking/Finance French Information Technology Spanish

Bloomberg is a Top Employer

8.0/10

Working in the Installation team.
Installing the Bloomberg software on clients' PCs

I really enjoyed my internship at Bloomberg overall. There is no denying that they are a great company and that there are lots of perks to working here. Installations are a great team, everyone is so warm and friendly and willing to help you.

RateMyPlacement is currently advertising 4 roles at Bloomberg

I felt extremely valued by my colleagues. They really treated us like colleagues rather than interns and always valued out work

I could not fault my team leaders of mentors. They were extremely generous with their support and time and were always willing give us help and support.

On a daily basis we were kept busy with different types of orders regarding the installation of the Bloomberg software for clients. The last week was quite a lot less busy as we had stopped being assigned orders but that is to be expected as we were not going to be able to work on them after

We were given lots of responsibility from the very beginning. On day 2/3 we started calling clients and working on orders in all of the languages that we spoke. The department put a lot of trust in us from the very beginning with this.

There is no denying that Bloomberg is a great company and the name alone will hopefully help me a lot. I have had the chance to put my languages in good use in a formal setting which has been great. I have learned what it is like to work in a department in a big corporate company. This experience will be very beneficial to me I am sure.

RateMyPlacement is currently advertising 4 roles at Bloomberg

The general atmosphere in the office was great. Everyone was extremely friendly and always willing to help. Colleagues genuinely seemed to get a long which was lovely to see.

The overall internship was very well organised. From the training sessions to the events that we took part in.

There were some really interesting personal training sessions such as the unconscious biased where we learned about how we all have preconceptions and how to try to avoid this. It was very, very useful and fascinating.

Sadly, this is where my experience at Bloomberg becomes negative. When I was offered the internship at Bloomberg I was told that I would have an interview for the permanent role afterwards. Throughout the whole internship process, we were constantly told by HR that they hoped we would accept our full time positions which made it sound like the full time job was a given. I was told a week a half before the end of the internship that there was actually no capacity in my team. I felt like I have really been mislead.

Very much so. My fellow interns were very nice and always wanted to meet up and explore London.

A bit expensive which is to be expected in London!

If you wanted that kind of thing, it seemed pretty good.

Yes there were. There were networking events, a cinema night, the summer party etc.