1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
I had an absolutely amazing time at Bloomberg. The internship was a great learning experience, while also being extremely fun.
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
I think the people at Bloomberg, whether an intern or a full time employee, you are valued equally. As interns, we did the same work as normal employees would, which is why it was so great to be able to contribute.
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
The internship is organized such that you have no time to rest. We were always busy with meetings, trainings, projects but also fun events.
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
Everyone is very open, talkative, willing to share their experience. The people at Bloomberg are happy and joyful people, all love the work they do, which makes it an amazing environment.
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
We had a lot of training over the internship, which made the learning experience so much better. Coming from a non financial background, we also had finance training, which i thought was great.
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
The best! There is the pub next door where all employees go to relax after a long day of work. Allows you to meet so many people from the company as well.
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
The area is very close to shoreditch, which is a great nightlife area. There is also quite a few dancing pubs around the office, which we enjoyed going to a lot.
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?
Philanthropies were run throughout the internship, which allowed us to participate in many activities that were non work related.