Commercial Analyst at Computacenter

Hatfield South East
Accountancy Administration/Secretarial Banking/Finance Business Analytics Business Management Computer Science Customer Service Financial Management Information Technology

8.3/10

You will be part of two teams in GIO namely Commercial Operations and Group Service Assurance.
Roles & Responsibilities:
Commercial Operations
• Provide various monthly reports reviewing the overall performance and operational metrics of GIO across the group.
• Assist the commercial manager on internal projects which involves ensuring the project plan is up to date, attending project review meetings and taking actions.
• Work on the internal GIO customer P&L’s to resolve revenue and cost discrepancies.

Group Service Assurance (GSA)
• Provide weekly and monthly efficiency reporting on new and existing deals.
• Demand management for the team in UK and Germany which involve forecasting and assigning new customer opportunity to the service assurance managers.
• Manage the service assurance mailbox and answer queries accordingly.
• Ensure the GSA SharePoint site is kept up to date and displays accurate date.
• Maintain and update the team policies/conventions.

I absolutely loved my placement year with Computacenter. I have learned so much about businesses and the way they function and have developed huge amounts as an individual developing key skills that will be hugely helpful when I begin my search for graduate jobs.

Whilst completing my placement year with Computacenter I worked with a number of different individuals and teams and I can honestly say I felt my opinions were respected and valued in the same way a permanent employees would be.

My management team have been brilliant. They have been hugely supportive of any ideas and opinions I have put forward and have provided plenty of support and guidance with getting them implemented. They have given me continuous encouragement throughout the course of my placement year to strengthen and develop my key skills and abilities.

On my placement year with Computacenter I was given a real job with deadlines to meet. I found myself working with a number of different teams and getting involved in many different engaging and interesting projects keeping me busy throughout my time here.

Whilst working with Computacenter I was given real responsibility. I had deadlines to meet for a number of reports but was also given enough trust to give some recommendations on what I feel could be improved within the business. One of which I was able to develop and implement a solution for!

I have learned and developed much more than I could have imagined throughout my placement year at Computacenter. I know that the skills I take away from CC will be used throughout my career and strengthen my applications for any job I apply for.

The general atmosphere in the office was brilliant. Everybody was very friendly and was always willing to lend a hand if it was needed.

Computacenter had a very well organised induction process for its placement students.
We had a placement lunch prior to starting our placement. This was a great opportunity for the placement students to meet one another and their management teams before their first day at Computacenter.
On our first day, we had a number of overviews from senior management and were set up with all our new equipment. We also had our first 1:1s with our line managers to set goals and objectives for our 12 month placement.
My first day in the office I was given a handover timetable and everything was handed swiftly and with great detail to ensure I understood everything clearly.

Computacenter invested a huge amount into my training and development. I was continuously encouraged to book into courses of all types. Some of the courses I attended are :
Prince 2
ITIL
Effective Presentation Skills
Effective Listening
SDI Training
and many more...

I would love to come back and work for Computacenter given the chance. I have witnessed first hand just how many opportunities there are and what a great company they are to work for.

Living costs are slightly less expensive than London, but slightly more than other areas because of the brilliant transport links.

There are a few pubs located in Hatfield and one night club called the Forum. There are great transport links into London where the nightlife is brilliant.

I attended a few out of work gatherings, mostly with the team I work with. Because CC is such a big company it is more likely any activities outside of work will be arranged in your smaller teams.
Christmas parties are one of Computacenter's biggest gatherings. Last years was located in Hatfield House and was brilliant!