Insight Scheme at CMS

Bristol West Midlands
Administration/Secretarial Commercial Law Employment Law Property Law

9.6/10

3 Day Insight Scheme with CMS Law Firm.

Every day was enjoyable with CMS. Each day was full of many different activities, so thoroughly enjoyable.

There was only two of us, so it was very focused on us. This was a great opportunity, because we could really ask all the questions we needed and find out more.

There were two members from the Grad Rec team with us at all stages, plus I had a trainee who I was shadowing over the 3 days. This allowed me to feel at ease, and whenever I had any questions, I could ask straight away.

For my degree, the legal skills I learnt probably won't be in my course, however, they will be in my LPC, so this is a brilliant insight. Also, I learnt more about legal research, which I can always use in my degree.

The structure was one of the best things about the scheme. It was so well organised each day, I felt a lot of work had been put into it.

Everyone was so friendly, and made me feel so welcome. This is perfect, as now I definitely know I want to apply for a vac scheme here, and hopefully go even further and secure a training contract with CMS.

As there were only 2 of us, we had small group sessions teaching us in different areas. One particular session that stood out for me was the 'presentation' session, to which we both learnt a lot and can apply in the future.

As I got to shadow a trainee, I could work along side her and see and take part in the tasks she was completing. It was very hands on, as I got my own login and could complete work on my own. I also took part in a video conference.

The company culture was brilliant!! It was a small office which I liked (compared to big London ones), which was all open planned. This gave such a friendly feel and everyone knew each other, and were so welcoming to me.

It was ideal. not only have I decided that I definitely want to practice law in a firm such as CMS, I have also got a much better idea of the type of law I want to pursue and practice in the future.

It was all reimbursed very quickly (Travel and if you need, hotel expenses).

Yes, definitely. Every day we would go out for at least one meal with trainees and get to speak to them on an informal basis. Also, my trainee that I was shadowing was selling pay day sweets, so I had a chance to actually meet everyone in the firm and have a quick chat to them.

Meals and events every day. Cocktail masterclass in the evening and all of these we had different trainees and people who worked in the firm. We got a chance to network both in and out of the firm.

I didn't see any of the activities in person, but I was told that there was yoga sessions and also a football league where they go abroad to play each year!

I couldn't speak highly enough of this scheme, and have already recommended it to several people. I am now campus ambassador for CMS, so I will continue doing this.