Summer Analyst at Accenture

Human Science Information Technology Management Consultancy Marketing

Accenture is a Top Employer

7.9/10

The job description varied hugely on a project to project basis. My project involved project managing website design. Initially my tasks included the production of presentation materials, a research project and assisting an project manager with tasks such as taking minutes, writing project deliverable documents and updating powerpoint presentations. Towards the end of my internship I was given sole responsibility for project managing 3 websites, including preparing a UK wide physician portal for it's first showcase to senior stakeholders and key sponsors. I led daily meetings with clients and the offshore website build team and wrote website content.

I was lucky to be given a large amount of responsibility and autonomy and was able to perform the job of a second year analyst so I felt that I was able to really add value. A lot of attention was paid to my personal development and I was given a decent level of continuous support.

RateMyPlacement is currently advertising 1 role at Accenture

I joined a small team so we worked closely together. I was given continuous contructive feedback and regularly thanked for my contribution. Being trusted to project manage independantly made me feel that the team had confidence in my abilities.

My manager was extremely busy so contact initially was limited. Hiwever she arranged a continued support network with other team members and scheduled time each week to review my work.

The number of hour required varied considerably throughout my internship and increased as my level of responsibility increased. Managing my time was challenging but certainly not impossible.

I was single handedly project managing 3 key websites, leading meetings and speaking with the client one to one.

My degree has no relevance to real life so it wasn't much help in that respect. However my project management skills, technical knowledge and Microsoft office skills improved greatly and will certainly be useful in my working life.

RateMyPlacement is currently advertising 1 role at Accenture

The office had a strong emphisise on flexible working so desks were unassigned and had to be book. Whilst the system ran smoothly it was sometimes hard to feel that you were working in a team. However the people were all incredibly helpful, friendly and dedicated.

Activities throughtout my time was well organised and clear. My manager sometimes had to be kept informed about HR's procedures but otherwise it was all very structured.

I was offered formal training in a variety of things and continually pushed to learn new skills. My personal development was really valued.

I would very much like to return to work with Accenture

Lots of organised events and the interns made the effort to organise social events themselves.

London is expensive, but not as expensive as you might think.

Huge variety, at various prices!

Yes lots of activities were organised for us and we had the opportunity to get involved with societies as well.