On a daily basis we were given various types of work from different tax sectors e.g VAT, employment tax etc. We did general admin between doing more interesting things such as visiting clients, attending meetings, working on larger projects etc
1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
Had a really good variety of work, great oppurtunity and all the staff were lovely.
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
Were given work from Partners down to first year trainees all of which valued your help
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
Our line managers, buddys and other staff were all very helpful and understanding throughout
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
It varied from day to day depending on what you had on that day but in general they kept us very busy and there were few times where it went quiet. Any quiet periods were sorted by asking for work from members of the team
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
There is only a certain amount of responsibility they can give you in 6 weeks but on the whole they gave us a lot of responsibilty.
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
Confirmed what I wanted to do in the future and helped me understand more about tax and accountancy which will really help in my final year at uni
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
Everybody got on well, seemed quite a close knit community
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
The individual in manchester organised it brilliantly! he arranged various types of work for us and tried to get us all to have a share.
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
We had a week of training in London with all interns, recieved various presentations whilst in the regional office and they encouraged us to learn things as we went along.
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
Sports and Social Club
Working from home
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
Very! there are so many different areas which you can chose to go into. So whatever you decide, therer are a lot of options to choose from.
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
YES!! Had the best time with everybody and we all met up and got together on a regular basis, whether it be lunch or BDO socials
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
Reasonable. Not cheap but not expensive either
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
Brilliant! got to experience manchester a lot whilst I was there
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?
Took part in girls football tournament and went to various socials with people form work.