Administration Assistant at Shoosmiths

Northampton East of England
Legal/Law

9.7/10

My main role will be to provide administrative support to the teams in the Mortgage Recoveries department. My responsibilities will include file management within the case management system, completing assigned tasks within the case management system, initiating and receiving telephone calls from customers, clients and third parties and assisting the department with any other administrative tasks as directed by my line manager.

I throughly enjoyed my placement at Shoosmiths. I was made to feel very welcome and given more responsibility as I progressed through the placement.

RateMyPlacement is currently advertising 1 role at Shoosmiths

Every colleague was extremely welcoming. If I had a question to ask, or needed help, everyone was happy to take time out from their busy schedules to assist.

I was given lots of support and guidance. When being taught new things, everything was explained at the pace I was comfortable with and notes were provided in full. Again, if I have a question to ask after the training, the managers/supervisor are more than willing to help.

On a daily basis I would be given a list of tasks for that day. Some days I was busier than others however the work always lasted the working day.

The amount of responsibility was dependent on how much I wanted. Once I began to become more confidence with the systems and the work I was undertaking, I was able to slowly increase the responsibility I had.

The skills I developed will help my degree because it provided some context to the law. At University I was learning purely the theory whereas working at Shoosmiths has allowed me to put some of the theory into practice.

RateMyPlacement is currently advertising 1 role at Shoosmiths

The office is open plan which brings a really friendly atmosphere to it. There does not feel like there is barriers between people with different job titles and status - everyone works together as one large team.

I feel that the placement was very organised. On the first day, all my basic training was covered and a tour was given. The days after this were all structured allowing me to know where I am and what I was meant to be doing at all times.

There was continues E-Learning activities and if opportunities arose to try new activities, this was actively encouraged. I am due to undertake my training contract with Shoosmiths in September 2017.

Future employment prospects within Shoosmiths are largely appealing, The firm really look after their trainees and are passionate about developing and learning, even after trainees qualify.

A christmas party and lunch was organised, alongside weekly quizzes and sweep stakes.

The cost was fairly low.

Night life was pretty average.

In Shoosmiths they have sports teams which play regular matches. They also hold regular socials for members of staff.