10.0/10

• About You
  • The Organisation
  • Everything Else

Vacation Placement at Shoosmiths

2. My placement at Shoosmiths was a great opportunity for me to gain a thorough understanding of the day to day activities undertaken, where the programme ensured I had access to various departments/people to give me a broad view of the firm.

3. To what extent did you feel valued during your time at the company or firm?
  4. I felt very valued from the outset, where I was included in day to day activities and also given the opportunity to spend time with people in a more relaxed setting to get a better understanding of their culture.
    I was actively involved in discussions and asked to participate in live scenarios, which made me feel that my contribution was valued.

5. How much guidance/support did you receive during the insight?
  6. I had tremendous support and encouragement throughout my insight, which helped me to engage quickly and proactively.
    This guidance/support enabled me to maximise my time with Shoosmiths and was a clear differentiator in shaping my view of the culture of the firm.

7. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and information you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
  8. My time at Shoosmiths has assisted in bringing my studies 'to life' where the opportunity to look at real cases and work on a business driven scenario has helped me to understand how to approach my studies to maximise the learning outcome.

10. The insight was exceptionally well structured, including a good mix of projects/people engagement to vary my time and provide me with maximum exposure to the workings/culture of the firm

12. The atmosphere was professional, friendly and relaxed, where I found myself settling in very quickly.
    Everyone had time to speak with me and I was included from day one, where it is apparent that there is a great rapport amongst the staff

13. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
  14. I was really grateful for the personal training and development invested in me during my placement.
    The programme was structured to include working on a case study, which required me to engage with employees across the firm enabling me to develop an understanding of all areas of expertise offered by Shoosmiths

15. To what extent did the insight help you to understand what it would be like to have a full time role with the company or firm?
  16. A week long placement enabled me to get a comprehensive view of what it would be like to work at the firm on a day to day basis.
    This included an insight into their culture.

17. How much did the insight help you in understanding the company culture?
  18. By spending a week and engaging in both work/social settings I was able to gain a comprehensive understanding of the company culture, which would not have been possible without the placement.

19. How valuable was the content in helping you to decide on your future career path?
  20. The content was invaluable in shaping my views regarding my career path.
    I am studying law and the Insight reinforced my view of pursuing a career in Law

21. Were you paid or reimbursed adequately for this experience?
  22. I was delighted to receive payment for my time at Shoosmiths, which made me feel that my attendance and contribution was valued

23. Were there opportunities for networking and meeting other employees of the company or firm?
  24. Yes - As part of my assignment I was encouraged to meet with employees across the firm to gather an Insight into all areas of expertise
    This allowed me to meet a large number of people.
    Additionally I was hosted at several informal social gatherings throughout the week

26. They were appropriate and allowed me to meet people in a less formal setting

27. Did you find out about activities that employees can get involved in outside of work?
  28. Yes - Shoosmiths are very active as a group in organising out of work activities to allow work colleagues to get together in a social setting.

I was particularly interested to hear about the Ski Trip

30. Yes - It is an excellent opportunity to find out what it is really like to work at Shoosmiths, both from a work/cultural perspective

Commercial Law