2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
I felt valued like a full-time employee straight away. Immediately I was trusted with important aspects of exciting engineering projects which are at the forefront of research in the fields of friction and wear.
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
Lubrizol is a great place to undertake an industrial placement. Not only is the work extremely interesting, but the feedback and support I received from my supervisors and fellow employees was brilliant. This led me to improve many vital skills.
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
I was busy throughout my whole placement which is good. Even when there was lots of work to be done, I felt there was always time to personally develop and learn however (e.g practice presentations).
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
Immediately I was given responsibility which made me feel like a full-time employee. I was heavily involved with testing on expensive tribological equipment and was also trusted to manage engineering projects.
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
The placement has improved many vital skills which I look to apply in my masters year at Leeds (e.g. report writing and presentation skills). For other graduate opportunities, working with Lubrizol for a year has improved many other important skills that are vital to succeed in my future career as an engineer.
Imagine yourself working at Lubrizol
RateMyPlacement is currently advertising 3 roles at Lubrizol