1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
I loved it! From company culture, to my team and other people at Bloomberg, to the job itself and the Bloomberg London Office, there is no other company I would have wanted to spend my internship with.
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
I worked really closely with my team and managers valued my opinions and ideas, taking them not only into consideration, but working on them together to put them into action.
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
Everyone is so helpful and willing to support your innovative ideas, providing guidance on how to best develop them.
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
I felt that the work I was doing really made an impact to the department's performance. I was working on both shared and personal projects on a daily basis.
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
At Bloomberg you are given a lot of responsibility from day 1! During the first weeks, managers made sure I was getting all the training I needed to efficiently perform my job and then I was given the chance to take over tasks and projects.
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
I will treasure for life all the skills I have acquired and refined during the internship.
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
The Bloomberg London Office is the best office I have ever visited. As soon as you enter the building you are welcomed by the security staff - the pantry is where all Bloomberg employees, clients and guests can have food and refreshments for free 24/7 and can socialise before returning to their desks - the office is very bright and it was built to reflect the company's value of transparency (open floor/transparent meeting rooms' walls) and it features interesting art pieces as well as the largest private fish collection in Europe
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
There was a lot of work that was assigned to me but I also had the time to work on my independent projects.
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
A lot. I had the chance to do my main job as well as attend training sessions and shadowing opportunities across different departments.
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
Bloomberg is where I want to be now and in the future. After my internship I was offered a Placement Year, which I am now currently completing.
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
Yes, Interns were involved in lots of social events both at the office and outside. The connection between interns was fostered by the 2015 Bloomberg Summer Intern App which allowed us to connect and share moments.
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
London is not cheap at all but it's the best city to be in.
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
Bloomberg is located in Moorgate and therefore you can easily reach Restaurants, Pubs, Clubs both in walking distance and by tube/bus etc
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?