19th November 2021
Internship (1-4 Months)
Central London and City
2022 Credit & Fraud Risk Undergraduate Summer Internship
A single decision can have many outcomes, and when that decision affects hundreds of thousands of customers and employees, it needs to be the right one. That’s where Credit and Fraud Risk comes in.
At American Express, Credit and Fraud Risk forms the backbone of all financial services operations. It affects every aspect of the company globally. Join us this summer, and you’ll get to know all the areas of our business – from consumer cards to small-business services, to corporate services, to merchant partners. Plus, you’ll work with the industry’s top Credit and Fraud Risk teams, developing strategies, leveraging technology and overseeing how relevant news impacts our customers.
The Summer Internship Programme commences in June 2022 for 10 weeks. It consists of the following components:
- Introduction to American Express through an induction day and training sessions
- Meaningful projects which will have real business impact
- Regular Speaker Series with senior management
- Social and networking events
- Structured performance management process and regular feedback
What type of work can you expect to do in Credit and Fraud Risk at American Express?
- Contribute to projects with strategic importance and real bottom-line impact through the conceptual, analytical, recommendation and implementation stages
- Design, build and support infrastructures for existing and new business development opportunities
- Gain exposure to Marketing, Technologies, Finance, and Operations
- Perform business analysis to assess portfolio performance, forecast trends, and develop improvement opportunities
Do you have what it takes to build a career here?
- Strong analytical, project management, relationship and problem solving skills
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills, as this position interfaces with diverse audiences including the sales force, operations and potentially clients
- Ability to effectively implement initiatives through partnerships and alignment with multiple stakeholders
- Effective team player and ability to manage multiple responsibilities
- Currently enrolled in a full-time undergraduate degree programme (degree in quantitative field or equivalent experience in business, finance, statistics, economics, engineering or mathematics will be preferred) in your penultimate year of study
- Experience in SAS/ SQL/ R /Hive/ other statistical programming experience is preferred along with working knowledge of MS Office
- A minimum of 320 UCAS points and a predicted 2:1 degree or international equivalent
About American Express
At American Express, we know that with the right backing, people and businesses have the power to progress in incredible ways. Whether we’re supporting our customers’ financial confidence to move ahead, taking commerce to new heights, or encouraging people to explore the world, our colleagues are constantly redefining what’s possible— and we’re proud to back each other every step of the way.
Join #TeamAmex and let’s lead the way together.
How to apply
To apply for this role and to find out more, please click on the apply button below.
Please note that applications may close before the application deadline, so apply early to avoid disappointment.