Placement Year (10 Months+)
Computer and Systems Engineering, Computer Science, E-Business, Information Technology
Applications aren't open for this job yet. BUT, you can register your interest in applying - let the employer know you're intrigued!
We'll send word as soon as applications open.
So, if you see this icon on a job listing, it means you can register your interest.
Successful applicants can expect to gain a great deal of experience working throughout the full development cycle – from systems analysis, through writing the code to testing and delivery. You’ll be working closely with your mentors, playing a key role in ensuring the success of the latest updates to the Prospect platform. Other activities often include system configuration and setting up testing or demonstration environments as well as assisting with the specification and design of bespoke software developments for customers. On commencing your placement, you’ll receive nearly six weeks of training in all aspects of our product stack and our development methodologies.
During your placement, you’ll also have access to a full MSDN subscription with a monthly personal allowance of Microsoft Azure credit to play around with for your own pet projects.
Some of the things you’ll be doing:
- Software Development – Using Vue.js and TypeScript to create components which will be used in our Core Applications. You’ll also be creating Azure services and coding backend APIs in C#.
- Configuring of Continuous Integration – Taking a set of code you’ve created and configuring VSTS (Visual Services Team Services) to automatically build and run unit tests upon committing your work.
- Scrum Team – Being an active part of one of the Scrum teams within the Development department. This will involve refinement meetings where, along with the rest of your team members, you’ll discuss outline estimates for both core and customer solutions.
- QA Testing – Completing both unit testing and user testing for projects worked on by other team members of Development. This involves locating potential issues and working with the team to plan and implement a resolution.
What you’ll need:
- A strong passion for software development
- A desire to learn new technologies, improve existing skills & understand the business impact on the software development lifecycle
- Have knowledge of the following technologies for backend/API development: .Net Framework Libraries, C# or VB.Net, SQL using databases such as SQL Server, SAP SQL Anywhere, Oracle or MySQL
- Any experience with the following technologies would be great but not required: TypeScript, Visual Studio/Visual Studio Code, HTTPS protocols and IIS
- Currently studying for a degree in a relevant field
- The Most Awarded SME for Placements – We’re proud to be the most awarded SME in the UK for its placement programme! Our placements really are the heart and soul of the company.
- SMEs for the Win! – Providing you with an instant sense of belonging, working for ProspectSoft offers you a working environment like no other. Being able to build relationships and work closely with senior Managers and Directors provides you with all the opportunities and skills you need to fly high in the real world.
- Enhanced Employment Prospects – A placement with us will give you an excellent foundation knowledge and insight into the sector you’re working in and awareness of the working world. This will help you excel in your professional development, as well as enhance your employability skills.
- Personal Development – Managers and Directors at ProspectSoft want you get the most out of your placement. Throughout your year, you’ll be working alongside industry experts who’ll guide and support you along your placement journey. Plus, they’ll encourage you to work on other side projects to boost your CV, like passing online certifications!
- Real Responsibility – You don’t have to worry about being the placement that gets stuck doing the coffee run! Right from the get-go, you’re given real responsibility and are treated just like our permanent team members. You’re given tasks that influence the business’ reputation, success and growth, and your input is hugely valued and appreciated.
- Unique Office Atmosphere – The friendly, young and energetic atmosphere here at ProspectSoft is something we feel makes us unique! We’re a supportive company that treasures every single employee. We’re a sociable bunch too that know how to have a great time both in the office, and outside the walls of work! Our Social Committee ensures there’s plenty of events going on throughout the year to provide all sorts of perks for our lovely employees.
- Pizza Fridays & Beer Fridays – Who doesn’t love pizza? The last Friday of every month combines food and learning! Bringing the whole company together, we learn about the exciting features our Development team have been working on recently in the software, and simultaneously get to indulge in endless amounts of Domino’s pizza! Plus, every Friday, ProspectSoft finish work half an hour early to crack open the beer fridge and socialise. Employees can kick-start their Fridays and choose a refreshing alcoholic or soft beverage they fancy, to sit back, relax and enjoy! We also love a good quiz!
- Departmental Socials – Each department often heads out for different socials after work. Whether it’s a curry night or getting involved in a sport such as trampolining or rock-climbing, every department loves to bring their teams together for a good laugh and sociable catch up! But socials don’t have to be set to individual departments; we like to mix! If the Dev team head out trampolining and the Marketing team fancy joining, then they’re always welcome – the more the merrier!
- Company Events – ProspectSoft love to host a sunny BBQ, attend the Henley Royal Regatta, or organise afterwork drinks in the sunshine. Whatever they choose to do, ProspectSoft love a sociable get together!
We’re a UK based CRM and eCommerce company, run by its founder, supported by a strong international management team, and financially backed by Maven Capital Partners. We create, develop and deliver our SaaS platform, Prospect, to more than 5,000 SME users worldwide. Prospect is perfect for businesses who sell physical products from stock B2B. As the official “Stock Aware CRM”, Prospect offers native integration to leading accounting and inventory management systems like Sage 50, Unleashed and Xero.