Rolls-Royce Motor Cars - Parts Operations - 13 Month Placement (July 2021)
We believe in creating an environment where our placement student really can learn by doing during their time with us and where they are given their own areas of responsibilities from the start. That’s why our experts treat you as part of the team from day one, encourage you to bring your own ideas to the table – and give you the opportunity to really show what you can do.
What will you be doing?
- Review of the inbound supply chain across multiple suppliers, with a view to improve material flow and reduce operational costs, with a particular focus on ‘one-way’ packaging
- Scope potential ‘Kitting Process’ strategy for retrofit kits and accessories. Review existing processes, possible concepts, handling options and stocking approach, with a view to defining an improved process
- Stock analysis, supporting the inventory function with various initiatives looking at inventory processes and improving stock accuracy
- Full review of the material master data processes in order to define our material management requirements. By mapping the various interfaces and system functions establish process improvements and focus areas for ensuring material master data supports the overall supply chain process.
- Assist with daily, weekly and monthly reporting to monitor various performance KPIs
- Support of other logistics and supply chain projects across the different parts operations functions
- Steering and ordering processing for specific plant produced materials
- Planning Support for special projects
Qualifications and Experience
- Studying towards a degree in Business, Economics and/or Supply Chain
- Able to think creatively and off own initiative.
- Analytical, logical and self-motivated individual.
- Multi-task whilst maintaining structure and attention to detail.
- Good communication skills with ability to assert oneself.
- Good knowledge of MS Office package.
- Experienced user of Microsoft Office and Outlook, knowledge of SAP is advantageous.
Why choose us?
- Great Pay – A competitive annual salary of £18,500, 26 days holiday (pro rata to your contract) and a pension scheme as well as a subsided on-site restaurant.
- Rewarding Work-Life Balance – Contracted working hours are 40 hours a week, Monday - Friday helping you develop a fulfilling work-life balance.
- Exciting Additional Benefits - Throughout your placement you will be supported by our experts and many fellow students and have the opportunity to enjoy other employee benefits.
What do you need to do now?
If this sounds like the opportunity for you then apply today using the link below.
The next stages of the recruiting process, could include; online testing, video interview and then a face to face, or telephone or virtual interview with the hiring manager. This may be in the form of an assessment centre.
We operate rolling recruitment, this means we may close the application window earlier than identified, if sufficient applications are received, so please apply early to avoid disappointment.
Please ensure that you complete all of the free text questions for your application to be progressed, and include a role relevant cover letter, explaining why we should consider you for this position.
To be eligible for this position, you must be returning to your studies, for a minimum of 6 months, after completion of this placement, and be able to provide proof of your legal right to work in the UK, if you are not a UK or European passport holder.
How to apply
To apply for this role and to find out more, please click on the apply button.