Retail Banking and Wealth Management Summer Internship
We are looking for dedicated and courageous students - from all backgrounds and degree disciplines - to join our Summer Internships and ultimately our global Graduate Programme. At HSBC we are open to different ideas and cultures, connected to our customers, communities and each other, and dependable, we do the right thing. These are the values that guide us every day. We seek to recruit people who share these values and will help us to sustain them.
During this eight-week rotational Summer Internship you’ll get first-hand experience of working across different departments within Retail Banking and Wealth Management.
- Internship Induction – You will gain an understanding of the range and complexity of our Retail Banking and Wealth Management (RBWM) business, you will see how your skills match the rigours of the job where you will get an insight from our graduates on the programme and leaders in the Retail Banking and Wealth Management business
- Group Project and Learning Experiments - The Internship consists of a range of Head Office placements for you to gain an understanding of the Retail Banking network and for you to develop an awareness of products, services and processes. You will actively contribute to a project that has a positive impact on Retail Banking and Wealth Managements financial performance.
- Mentor/Graduate Coach – You will be supported through the internship by your Line Manager/Mentor/Graduate from whom will learn directly from and ask any questions about the programme, project or job role with which you are involved.
- Skills Sessions – These days are planned to expand the internship community skill set and develop skills and qualities that will aid your internship and beyond. You will receive practical training to complement your academic studies and you will be challenged to use your talents and academic knowledge to add value to the bank. This is also an opportunity to build your professional network within HSBC.
- Charity Day - You will actively give back to the community by getting involved in an event to support our leading charity ‘The Alzheimer’s Society’ or local charity in your area. This will focus on teamwork and communication skills.
- Farewell (2 Days) – This is a chance for you to reflect on your eight weeks and what you have learnt, how you have added value to the bank, and improved your professional and personal skills.
The internship is designed to provide students in their penultimate year of study with the chance to gain an invaluable insight into banking with a leading global bank with hands-on experience and on-the-job training which on completion, could secure a place on our Retail Banking and Wealth Management Graduate Programme.
- Minimum 2.1 honours degree or equivalent (predicted)
- Minimum 300 UCAS points or 120 UCAS points or for those who passed exams before 2017 (or equivalent) across top three A Level subjects excluding General studies.
- You must be in your Penultimate Year of Study. Expected Graduation Year 2020.
- The location for this role is UK wide, therefore, you must be able to commit to being nationally mobile and be available to undertake the travel required for this role.
- You can only apply for one HSBC Internship Programme each year
- By the time of starting employment, successful candidates must have permission to work in the UK for the entirety of the program.
HSBC is one of the largest banking and financial services organisations in the world. With presence in 67 countries and territories serving around 38 million customers, our ambition is centred on growth by connecting customers to opportunities, enabling businesses to thrive and economies to prosper. Our network covers both established and emerging markets across Europe, Asia-Pacific, Middle East and North Africa, North America and Latin America. Within these markets, we serve our customers through our global businesses: Commercial Banking, Global Banking and Markets, Global Private Banking, and Retail Banking and Wealth Management.
How to apply
To apply for this role and to find out more, please click on the apply button.