“I absolutely loved my placement year at SAP! The company is in a really exciting & innovative industry which makes working for them really interesting – I was able to get involved in a really good mix of tasks from digital campaigns, social media management, events & more!…” - Read full review
As market leader in enterprise application software, SAP helps companies of all sizes and industries innovate through simplification. From the back office to the boardroom, warehouse to storefront, on premise to cloud, desktop to mobile device – SAP empowers people and organizations to work together more efficiently and use business insight more effectively to stay ahead of the competition. SAP applications and services enable customers to operate profitably, adapt continuously, and grow sustainably.
Purpose and Objectives
SAP Digital Business Service is a global organisation with more than 5,000 employees in over 40 countries backed up by more than 6,000 developers. The Successful candidate will work within the Digital Business Service, Product Support, Global Support Centre UK (GSC UK) delivering technical support to our customers. GSC UK comprises six technical areas: ASE & IQ, BI, EIM, EPM, Mobility and Solution Manager. The number of technical areas in GSC UK represents an excellent opportunity to be exposed to broad range of SAP technologies and be part of our new customer innovation vision, which is the biggest transformation our Product Support organization has ever been through. It will change the way we support our customers, changing the way we work and changing our organization, for the better.
Technical Support Engineer Placement
Expectations and Tasks
As a Technical Engineer you will be a key player in supporting our customer’s technical issues providing timely and effective technical support, solving technical challenges of varied scope and complexity.
To meet the rapidly evolving customer demands you will also be part Local and Global transformational initiatives. Expect this to be a very challenging experience with global impact, with involvement in activities, projects and initiatives related to the change.
Ideal Candidate: (Education and Qualifications / Skills and Competencies)
- Understanding of Windows servers platforms and Windows support tools
- Understanding of UNIX/Linux platforms
- Good understanding of web technologies and three-tier networks
- Good understanding of RDBMS
- Understanding of networking concepts including Network topologies, TCP/IP fundamentals, TCP/IP utilities, and WAN/LAN and Remote Access technologies
- Understanding of Internet related technologies and concepts (i.e. ASP, JSP, etc.)
- The ability to communicate clearly and effectively in both verbal and written communications
- The desire to make a difference; to go above and beyond in support of our customers, our business, and each other
- Consistently projects a positive and professional image
- Exercises judgment within defined procedures and practices to determine appropriate action
- Extremely effective at following up on issues back to internal and external customers
- Proven ability to manage time and workflow to meet service level agreements
- Able to handle stressful situations effectively
- Develops effective team working-skills
- Salary - £16,500 per annum
- 13 month placement starting in July 2017
- 25 days holiday & an additional day off for your birthday
- Laptop and other SAP equipment
- Free lunch and a subsidised coffee shop
- Buddy Mentoring Scheme
- 360 Health check
- ‘Instant Heroes’ reward scheme
- Travel opportunities within the UK and Europe
- Sporting opportunities e.g. football and netball clubs
- Volunteering and charity opportunities
How to apply
To apply for this role and to find out more, please click on the apply button below.